Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reinforcement and choices

I was thinking about what to write about today, and my thoughts went down the path of how I feel when I exercise and eat healthy. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but when you are on a roll, good or bad, whatever it is seems to reinforce itself. Think about it....if you make poor food choices for breakfast, many of us think "well, whatever, the day's shot anyhow" and what do we have for lunch-McDonald's! And dinner? Pizza! Then the next day we wake up and feel poorly because we put unhealthy stuff in our bodies to nourish it, and we often feel guilty because we made poor choices for the whole day. But when you make healthy choices, they often beget healthier choices later in the day, and the next day and so on. Same thing with exercise-it may take some momentum to get the ball rolling (heck, sometimes it feels like you're trying to push a boulder up a hill), but once you get over the crest, its hard to stop!

I have found that I need to focus on making healthy choices, and really make a conscious effort to exercise. My goal is approximately 40 minutes of exercise a day, PLUS at least two healthy meals, striving for three. And healthy snacks.

Hopefully I will continue to see and feel results from the effort that I am putting forth, and that will be reinforcement enough to keep me going!

1 comment:

  1. great posts my dear! I know what you mean about the whole choices thing. It gets tough sometimes...keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete