Thursday, September 23, 2010

Healthy Dinners

I have always loved to cook, and since my husband developed a food allergy 6 years ago (or should I say, we discovered his food allergy then), we have had to stop bringing in alot of the pre-packaged and pre-processed foods into our home. Gone are the Hamburger Helper's and just add chicken Pasta Dinners. Frozen Lasagna? Nope. Can't have that either, unless I made it and froze it myself.

Here are a couple of the healthy dinners I have made the last couple nights:

Broiled Salmon with Herbs and Goat Cheese
-take some salmon filets, add a little bit of olive oil, and some garlic powder. Broil till done, then add some soft goat cheese, lemon juice and some parsley and basil (fresh of course) to the top. Serve with sauteed garden veggies (summer squash, peppers, herbs, and tomatoes).

That dinner was delish!

Here is a second one:
Weight Watchers Cheese Souffle-I'll post the recipe later, but I added some baby spinach and bacon crumbles and it was delicious as well. Baking time needs to be increased because of the spinach though.

No comments:

Post a Comment